Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Man Cold

Here we go again...the man is catching the latest sniffle that has been making its way around the household and no doubt it will put him down for the count. 
He'll continue to go to work and what-not, but when he is home, Lord have mercy, cause he'll be awfully sick and I'll be pretty darn annoyed. 
When I am sick, I don't get any special treatment, or even have the chance for a nap. 
But when a man gets sick, on the couch they plant themselves when they are home and "OH, my throat is sore!", "This headache or body ache or even both is so bad!" and don't forget the more than usual falling asleep on the couch, snoring through the kids running rampant and screaming, etc.
I am always making sure that he is taking whatever medicines, to try to help to ward off the crud, not only for his health, cause I truly care about him and don't want him to suffer and be sick. 
Enough is enough when you are a adult and have a measly cold. 
Get over it. 
Mothers have to. 
We don't get any sick days and never a fraction of the pity the male species receive when they are ill. 
Oh, only to be a man, when you are sick.....
This commercial in the link below pretty much sums it up when dealing with a man and his special cold....

Vicks Man Cold commercial-LOVE IT

1 comment:

  1. I know at times we as mothers can be overwhelmed,with having kids and trying to juggle other things in life. Life can get pretty hectic at times! I do know one thing and that is that you have to look at your spouse for support,sometimes it feels like we get none! He does love you I know that for sure! I think you need to consider his age and his health. I know that when my husbands Dad was older he wanted to sleep alot. You are married to a man who is in love with his work also. His health is declining and I'm sorry that it seems like he doesn't help much. I had hoped when we started milking in the mornings that he would feel better physically and have more energy. I know you wanted to take the calves home for something to do,but I think it just added to his work. There is one thing about my Dad too..when he says he is sick or not feeling well,he means it. All the years growing up as a kid he always did chores.It didn't matter if his head was falling off,he would get up in the morning and go do chores. Maybe now he feels like he can relax and not have to jump up and get going,because he won't get criticized for it. I know he spends alot of time at home with you and the kids and truly enjoys it! Just remember you are married to a 68 year old man and you are alot younger, therefore, it goes without saying you will have more energy than he does at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete