Monday, March 24, 2014

Basil Pesto Italian Meatloaf Sliders with coleslaw

1&1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
half cup of Cheez-its

two eggs
Basil Pesto(BIG ol' TB)
Italian Seasoning(to taste)
red onion
bagged shredded cabbage
coleslaw dressing

I mix this by hand right on my plate, but it could be  done in a ziplock bag or even a bowl.  I like to save washing dishes so I mix by folding over and over into itself with hands onto the plate I will use for my precooked patties


 Once the egg, meat and crushed Cheez-its are mixed together, I use a HEAPING tablespoon of Basil Pesto and mix in Italian herbs. Use as much Italian seasoning as you would like.
 It makes 8 nice slider size burgers

Next use butter....I must use butter when cooking my home grown LEAN beef because there is little to no grease from this meat and butter keeps the patties nice and moist and they don't dry out.  Plus....you can't beat the taste of burgers cooked in butter!

When cooking your patties, place the patties into the hot buttered pan and then turn them over within a minute to seal in the taste and then cook on medium heat until DONE covered, making sure the butter doesn't cook away.  Add a small pat or two to keep the bottom of the pan moist.



 Remove from heat and plate to keep the grease in the pan and not on your plate.  
 Make your coleslaw when the burgers are cooking to have CRUNCHY coleslaw for topping your slider
I add pepper and about a 1/4 cup of cane sugar to my coleslaw

Very finely sliced red onions, the coleslaw has enough crunch you usually get with raw onions.....I use my pampered chef simply slicer on 1 for perfect slices
USE Hawaiian rolls, slice them up for little hamburg buns.  
 Combine all the ingredients for a sweet, CRUNCHY flavorful little burger that even the kids LOVE!
Don't forget your seasoned french fries and a baby dill pickle or two!




No comments:

Post a Comment