Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pasture blessings

It has been a terribly LONG time since I have blogged.....gawwwshh. 
FORGIVE MY absence from the virtual world of blogging.
Life is busy.....this farm wife seems to have a blessed plate full.

This morning after my monsters...aka the kiddos left on the bus, I went out to the pasture to check on the ladies and two calves were born
Here is one.....#100 Silky the Limousin/Holstein cross had a BEAUTY of a bull out of our Fleckvieh bull.  She is 15 year young! 
GO SILKY!
HE is as soft as his curly brownish-gray coat looks. 
I HEART him
 Momma says, "We are hiding....."
 WAIT for me momma!!!
 Don't you JUST love the forest floor???
 Handsome feller!
 
 
 
 
 
Thistles are SUCH a pain in the neck in the broad scheme of things....but look a little closer and they are a popular hang out of the insect crowd.
Not to mention pretty.....
 Busy as a bee....

 Green shiny guy.....or girl....I never stopped and asked.


 Yellow butterflies were dancing everywhere and taking a break to get a sip.....
 Pretty wheat....sure sign of fall


Sincerely,
Michigan Milk Momma


1 comment:

  1. Greetings! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete